A cross belt sorter is a special type of conveyor-based sorting system. Basically, it consists of a chain of independently operated short conveyor belts mounted transversely along the main track. The units are typically designed for light-weight, high-speed applications.
The benefits at a glance:
- Safety and Availability – completely insulated, no galvanic contacts for transfer.
- Maintenance-Free and Reliable – no mechanical or electrical contacts for power transfer
- High-Power Transfer – up to 20 KW or more per vehicle.
- Independent Loads – multiple loads can be operated independently of each other.
- High-Speed Noiseless – without sliding brushes and moving mechanical parts.
- Suitable for Harsh or Sensitive Environments – such as the pharmaceutical industry, food production, etc.
- Transparent Interfaces – based on international norms connects to most standard equipment.
- Design Freedom – IPT® enables new innovative solutions.
- Low Operating Costs – these benefits result in lower operating costs and significantly reduced maintenance costs.
With the increasing number of parcels and luggage, higher travel and dispatch speeds are needed. That requires energy transfer systems that support these high speeds.
Contactless, inductive energy transfer allows higher travel speeds as well as higher mechanical tolerances than conventional systems. Also, it offers noiseless and maintenance-free energy transfer.
Airports and world-wide active parcel services