The future is wireless – IPT sets the standard. Inductive Power Transfer (IPT) is the technology for a seamless and efficient power transfer, no matter what industrial or e-mobility application!
To make this a reality, we need to develop innovative mechanical systems for wireless power supply applications. We are seeking an experienced and creative Mechanical Design Engineer to join our engineering department. New challenges arise every day that require the creative problem-solving skills of individuals. Are you in for the challenges?
As a mechanical design engineer, you are responsible of the ground-up design, development, testing, and manufacturing of the enclosures that house our wireless charging system. Designing mechanical components like housing, cooling units and winding units with the use of computer-aided design/modelling software. You’ll also be responsible for the successful implementation of the mechanical requirements into the final stage, making sure that all customer requirements are met by design. By aligning in an early stage of the development process with the production engineering, you make sure that the products can be produced and handled in the field easily.
To be successful in this role, you should be experienced in 3D CAD design and mechanical engineering principles. Together with supply management, you by liaising with component suppliers on the best plan for the parts. And communicate clearly to your peers and management of the final design.
We also expect you to organize your development milestones, write reports and documentation of the design and mechanical components. Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
3D CAD design:
- Develops principal design concept based on customer requirements
- Defines the component modularity and component specification
- Creates the final 3D design model and respective documentation for the production
- Ensures the correct material selection to achieve the performance specification
Supplier relations and Production Engineering:
- Confirms the technical compliance of selected suppliers
- Interacts with supplier on optimized design and cost
- Defines together with production engineering the principal production process
- Follows up on design changes with the supplier and production
- Functional safety
- Executes all mechanical and environmental inhouse tests
- Organizes all mechanical and environmental external tests and follows up on test results
- Creates test documentation based on inhouse and external testing
- Reports monthly on project status
- Reports to the product team on changing requirements
What you bring
Foremost we look for an energising person! You are eager to develop systems to be successfully sold to customers. You share your enthusiasm, knowledge and experience with others, but are also open to learn and further develop yourself.
- University degree in mechanical engineering
- Focus on power supply systems, power electronic systems or similar
- 3+ years of experience designing enclosures and/or thermal management systems
- Preferred: experience conceptualizing products and seeing them through to production
- Preferred: experience packaging power electronics and/or electromagnetic components
- Preferred: experience in high-reliability environments, including automotive or industrial
- Fluent in English and German
A front-row seat at a company that is accelerating one of the most impactful changes in the way the world will energise transportation of goods and people. Besides this, you will be surrounded by a smart and ambitious group of people in an international environment. Salary is competitive, and we offer attractive additional benefits on top. At IPT Technology, you choose your challenges.
About IPT Technology
We’re a forefront leading solutions provider of the technology and application innovation of wireless electrification and battery charging. We design, manufacture, install and service wireless charging systems to power up all type of vehicles ranging from cars, buses to ships, robots and material handling equipment.
Are you our new Mechanical Design Engineer, who accelerates IPT technology into the future? Perfect. We’d love to hear from you! Please send over your resume and cover letter, including the top 3 reasons why you’re an excellent fit for IPT to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions first? Don’t hesitate to contact Victor Hoynck van Papendrecht at +31 651377337 or at +49 151 19412998
Recruitment agencies & headhunters, we don’t require your services.